Tuesday, March 2, 2010

when was the last time you did something for the first time

Tuesday morning is usually a paddling day but today was different. My partner and I took our entire dental clinic staff on a fun day out.This time I arranged for an action packed day including rapelling down a 25m cliff face. One of our newer paddlers has a company that organises and arranges this kind of activity. Avi runs the adventure company Shvilim and so I hired him for the day and he gave us a wonderful time. None of us had ever tried rapelling before and so it was an entirely new and exciting adventure. I know that a lot of kayakers are outdoors people and many have climbing experience, but for a non climber and one who suffers from a fear of heights I can tell you it was something to overcome this fear and go down the cliff face. It was also a great experience to overcome a fear which many of us had. For me and my staff it was a first timer and felt great. Tomorrow its back to kayaking. Thanks to Avi for giving us a great day and to all my staff who were game to try something completely out of the box for us.

2 comments:

hadas said...

ניראה כזה כיף בא לי גם לעבוד אצליך בשביל הימים האלה.
ו...דרך אגב,אבי למי שלא מכיר,חותר איתנו ואפשר יהיה לפגוש אותו בים המלח.כל הכבוד אבי וסטיב על היוזמה והאירגון

Silbs said...

Excellent!