Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Why we didn`t paddle today


Wind speed in the last hour 36 knots
Wave heights up to 4 m



Beaufort scale 8, as described at sea, High waves, dense streaking spray and foam. Kayaking conditions, extremely difficult, no progress into the wind, boat control is a real problem, communication and rescues very difficult.


You`ll be on your own.


Better to avoid these conditions and stay home, warm and dry.
So thats what I did

Actually I went to the beach to see for myself


There was a bouy washed up on the shore from one of the marinas, strong winds and very messy and confused conditions.
Glad I had a few samples of Black Label handy.


So I wish all out there in the real world a Merry Christmass and a happy new year.

2 comments:

Silbs said...

Why are the bottles so empty?

Unknown said...

this is the after picture, in the before one they were fuller