Wednesday, August 27, 2008

so you can teach an old dog new tricks

I`ve been watching the guys and gals learning to roll and taking movies of the process for the last few weeks, it`s an interesting process.Today I saw Ziv do a great roll, keeping his head in the correct position at last, and a few days ago Ruby managed a hand roll with relative ease. All documented on film. Well today it was my turn. With a bit of encouragement and advice from Ruby, I managed to do my first hand roll. What excitement and a great feeling to begin to master something new. I admit that I didn`t think that I could do it as I am not as flexible as the younger paddlers.But there you go then, I was wrong.

3 comments:

Silbs said...

Another winner for your DVD. No surprise on the hand roll. We all know dentists have great hands. Now, don't sit up so soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Silbs, why don`t you come over for our symposium, we have good coffeshops and whiskey too.

Silbs said...

We're sending my good friend Derrick Mayoleth...I think you'll find him delightful...in a nutty sort of way.